26 Feb 2012

Domino Magazine is back!

Few things capture my imagination as easily as a big, juicy design and decor magazine. Everything around me dissolves away and I feel I've shrunk down to mini-size, walking around inside the magazine. The great thing about an especially successful magazine is its ability to inspire me, even 8 to 10 years later. Good design is good design after all. So I have stacks of magazines that I refer to regularly for inspiration.

As a Christmas present this year, S gave me a subscription to Elle Decoration (UK). I probably don't need to tell you that this was my favourite gift! It's so exciting to receive something in the mail other than bills.

And a few weeks ago, I heard some pretty exciting news about an old favourite magazine of mine that has since gone out of print: DOMINO MAGAZINE IS COMING BACK!!!

Published from 2005 to 2009 by Condé Nast, Domino Magazine was one of the few magazines that featured achievable style ideas for non-millionaires. It its first year, Domino received many media awards for Best New Magazine. But sadly, in Jan 2009, Condé Nast announced that, because of the economic downturn, the magazine was folding.

So when I heard that Domino Magazine announced a "new guide to living with style," I was thrilled! A special edition, entitled Domino Quick Fixes, will be available at newsstands across the US (and hopefully Canada?) on April 17th. Quick Fixes will feature easy, inexpensive design and decor changes.

You can read more about it here.

Image from www.dominomag.com

No comments:

Post a Comment